To submit a syllabus to be considered for publication on Waymeet, follow the requirements below and then submit your work through our submission manager.
- All syllabi submitted must be for courses that have previously been taught by the person who makes the submission and must be clearly related to the subject of Tolkien’s life or works..
- Each syllabus submitted must include:
– Title of Course;
– Last semester course was taught;
– Department(s) in which course was taught and course number or year level (graduate, sophomore, junior, etc.);
– College or university;
– Email address for instructor(s).
– General Description: State the nature and purpose of the course in no more than 300 words.
– Texts: List the required readings used in the course.
– Syllabus: List the day-by-day topics and/or readings and assignments for the course, including due dates for readings, papers, exams, etc.
– Grading: Mention the weight of each assignment, how grades are assessed, and how grades are determined.
– Assignments: Describe briefly all required assignments for the course.
- The maximum length for any single syllabus submission is 5 pages.
- Syllabus submissions must be formatted with all margins (left, right, top, and bottom) of no less than once inch, in a standard font (Times New Roman, Calibri, Arial) and with a font size of 12 points.
- Syllabi must be submitted as PDF documents.